Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sobriety Test and the Boredom of Small Town Cops

I got my first sobriety test tonight... yay? Not really an achievement but, here's how it went.

Dustin and I went out for a couple drinks. Then we left. When I pulled out of the parking lot I drove into the far lane, which, if there had been a car coming up in that lane, could have potentially been a traffic hazard. But there wasn't. Not a big deal, right?

Dustin: "Hey, be careful, there's a cop behind you."
Me: "Aight, I'm cool."
Cop car lights: *blinkblinkblinkredwhiteblink!"
Me: *grumble*

So I pull over. They say they smelled alcohol on my breath (which is silly, I didn't have much to drink) and ask me to step out of the car to walk in a straight line and watch the tip of a pen while they moved it around. They let me go on a verbal warning. Sheesh! I bet those guys just post themselves outside of bars at the end of every month to attempt to make their quota. So ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment