Friday, January 30, 2009

Hair: Big Sexy Waves


A colleague of mine, Diana Brazil, has this long, thick bronzy brown hair that she often wears in big, loose waves like you see on many celebrities. I asked her once how she did it. She said "It's easy, you just wrap your hair around the barrel of the curling iron instead of clamping it." Sounds easy enough. So I tried it today, and this is the result! Looks pretty good for a first try, I think, although I'm pretty sure my hair is almost too short for this. I burned my finger once and it took me about 45 minutes, but with practice I'll be burn free and down to 30. This beauty article gives a detailed description of how to get this look, which I'll be more likely to try next time, minus pinning the curls. That's way too much work for me.

1 comment:

  1. looks adorable! i accidentally found a cute way to curl my hair. instead of clamping it all the way down to the ends and frying them out more i just left them dangling and curled the middle section. it came out real cute. :) good luck with the curls lady!

    ReplyDelete