Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Take care of my son." ...and cue tears

Just for the record... Romance? Death? Heartache? Yeah sure, those make me cry. But nothing gets me going like the love between a child and their parents. Why? I'm not sure. I can only guess it's because I love mine so much. They're the only thing that will never fall through on me, and I can count on that.

13 Going On 30 - When she's downstairs in the closet and her parents come down and she throws her arms around her parents, I went from neutral to ridiculous tears in nothing flat.

Chorus Line - When San Marco (I think that's his name, I'm still watching it) talks about his parents not really approving of dancing drag, but they supported him anyway - his mother was crying and his father said to the director "Take care of my son.", that being the first time he ever called him son... tears, out of nowhere.

I think I cry, at minimum, twice a week. And yet, I'm cynical? I don't get it either.

[EDIT] Wanna know when I don't cry? When someone leaves. Like when Matt and Hillary left for New York. Nothin. I didn't cry until they came back to visit and I realized how much I missed them. Didn't cry when Dustin left, and I kinda thought maybe I loved him for a little while. He went back to San Fran and I've gone on my merry way; he gradually fades further every day. Now I hardly feel anything for him. I am a strange emotional creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment